Ebikes are becoming increasingly popular, and it's easy to see why – after all, who wouldn't want to enjoy the outdoors at their pace with power to spare making any bike ride more enjoyable?
There’s a lot of things to get excited about having your own ebike, and riding them has a lot of health benefits too. But if you’re still on the fence about getting once, we have more reasons to persuade you to jump into the bandwagon.
10 Reasons Why You Should Get An Ebike
1. Traffic is not an issue. We’ve said it once before, electric bikes are the future of transportation. Ebikes can take you to your destination much faster than taking a car because you can cruise through bike lanes instead of being stuck in traffic. Most motors can reach speeds of up to 20 mph, allowing you to travel 45 miles on a fully charged battery. That’s an added bonus to your bike!
2. Eco-friendly. We now live in a more environmentally conscious world. Switching from gasoline to battery reduces your carbon footprint, easing the pollution burden on the planet. As the popularity of e-bikes grows, it is predicted that by the year 2050, emissions will have decreased by 47%. Going on the ebike route is both environmentally friendly and essential for humanity's sanity. Since we're already reducing emissions, e-bikes also help to reduce the noise pollution that plagues cities.
3. More affordable than a car. Some ebikes can be pretty expensive, but it can save you a lot of money in the long run. It's easy for your wallet to become tapped out due to the fluctuating price of gasoline. Investing in an ebike is a financial bargain in the long run. Electricity consumption on an ebike is equivalent to 1,000 miles per gallon of gasoline, on average, when compared to a car. Consider how much easier life would be if you didn't have to waste time looking for a parking spot and then paying the fees.
4. Encourage an active lifestyle. Regular workout of 2.5 hours is advised to keep you on the road to living a healthier lifestyle. The ebike’s brake support makes riding easier for a larger number of users by flattening hills. This makes for a low-intensity aerobic exercise while still increasing time spent outside.
5. Age is just a number. The great thing with ebikes is that anyone can ride them.*** It’s not required to have license and registration to own and operate an electric bike. Your age just is not a factor when riding an ebike as it equalizes required effort.
6. It’s so much fun! Riding an ebike leaves a lasting smile on your face. Who can deny the pleasure of revving an engine and speeding around like a superhero? It can be freeing and exhilarating.
7. Safety first. E-bikes are increasing public understanding of cyclists on the road. E-bike accidents are far less common than normal bike accidents. The pedal assist helps riders to accelerate, giving them a faster response time than a normal biker who would otherwise have to be extremely careful. This keeps you out of harm's way.
8. Gets you riding more. People are getting up and about thanks to electric bikes. About 81 percent of ebike owners ride at least once a week. Riding gives you a new outlook on life, allows you to reflect on your thoughts, and be more mindful.
9. Ride more, sweat less. The advantage of riding an electric bike is that you have complete control over the intensity of your exercise. You can get as much or as little exercise depending on the pedal assist mode. People who cycle to work on e-bikes no longer have to be concerned about appearing sweaty.
10. Explore the world on two-wheels. Electric bikes add a new level of excitement to your journey. Riders can travel longer distances and see more of the world. You can experience an adventure you wouldn’t normally get in the confines of your car.
Time to go Cruisin'
Now that you know the benefits, you should start thinking about getting your own ebike and reap those benefits. The Cruiser Bike is the perfect choice for beginners and experienced cyclists alike. With a 750W motor and Samsung 48V 13.6Ah Battery, you can face any crosswind and headwind without breaking a sweat.
***Note: Ebike regulations are changing fast, check your local regulations for requirements that might be unique to your area.