Electric bikes have become extremely popular in the past few years. It has made cycling accessible for everyone. Whether you’re an amateur or experienced cycler, no matter your age or physical abilities, you can enjoy ebike rides with ease.
Your electric bike is more than a means of transportation to get from one point to another. Riding an ebike opens up a lot of fun activities you can enjoy by yourself or with your friends and family. Aside from that, you’d also gain health benefits from regular ebike rides. To give you some inspiration on how you can maximize your electric bike, here’s some activities you can do:
11 Things to do with your electric bicycle
- Run errands on your electric bike. When you run errands using your electric bike, you get a lot of benefits without really realizing it. For starters, you get a bit of exercise depending on the level of pedal assist. With some bikes you can even see what effort you are putting in and what the bike is doing. You can’t get that from using other vehicles. You get exercise without going to the gym, which is another plus. And you are saving on gas as well, which is an added bonus.
So, ditch your vehicle and use your electric bicycle to run your errands. If you’re not in the mood to exert too much effort, you can crank up the pedal assist or throttle. Before you know it your new routine will build the foundation to a healthier, physically active lifestyle.
- Ride to your workplace and back. It can get stressful to travel to and from work during the rush hour. Since traffic moves so slowly, riding an electric bike to your workplace and back is the best alternative. An ebike can move just as fast as the other vehicles and you can get around tight spaces other vehicles cannot.
Your commute could even end up being faster and you will reach your destination on time. You will be less stressed. Riding your ebike regularly also has health benefits. Even with minimal effort, you will still be using your muscles and get your blood pumping. This boost of energy is the perfect way to start your day.
You will get the same benefits as you head home, but now your ride back will help you unwind and relax as you end your day on a good note.
- Plan a cycling date that’s not too tiring. Going to the movies or restaurant date is so old school and in your area might not even be allowed right now. You can’t really talk at the movies and restaurants can get too loud and crowded. Try something different like taking a couple of ebikes and ride through a place that you actually like. Go to a park or somewhere with a breathtaking view.
Cycling dates are different. You will be pedalling but with the pedal assist, you can ride without the sweat. It’s a different approach to dating but it can also open you up to being yourself. It’s the perfect setting to get to know someone.
- Take family trips and picnics. The best thing about an electric bike is that anybody can ride it, regardless of age or physical ability. No one will get left behind. Especially with smaller children, pulling a trailer is a breeze with an electric bike.
An electric bike is the perfect companion to your family outings. Go to the nearest beach or park and have a picnic. Watch the kids have fun on joy rides while the adults chill out. Ebike riding with your family is a great bonding moment and stress reliever. Your mood will be lighter and you will feel more relaxed while having fun.
Once you taste this experience, it will soon be a regular family activity everyone will enjoy.
- Make cardio the highlight of your day and burn calories while building core strength. Your ebike is both a vehicle and a means to exercise your body. It’s specifically designed to encourage physical activity in your daily life without messing up your routine. However, once you’re used to this routine, you can amp it up and take it to the next level for maximum benefits.
The extra boost of power on your electric bicycle allows you to cover longer distances without exerting as much effort as you would on a regular bicycle. You wouldn’t need to worry about exhausting yourself if you take on longer rides because of the battery range and pedal assist. You also burn more calories when you cover more distance. Consider taking a route with a more scenic view when you take longer rides.
- Ride by the riverside or long rides by the lake. When you feel the need to escape the busy city, or just have an itch to wander, look for rivers, lakes or other bodies of water in your areas. Plan a trip to open yourself to the gentle sounds of the wilderness. If you haven’t found anything, you can always just go exploring. Take your time to soak in the surroundings and just explore.
- Take the kids out for a ride. Kids these days spend most of their time online, fidgeting away on their phones and gaming consoles. Encourage them to a gadget free bonding time by going on ebike rides around the neighborhood or the nearby park. Make it a regular part of your schedule. You will have the much needed physical activity and decrease your screen time altogether.
- Escape to the beach. What could be a better way to use your newfound freedom than taking your electric bike for a fun ride and going to the beach? An ebike’s design makes it simple to take on most terrains and riding through the sandy beach will be a different experience from cycling on a paved road. Unlike travelling on the road where everyone is always in a hurry to get somewhere, the beach is full of people who are just having fun and enjoying the scenery. The mood is lighter and the air is fresher.
- Meet like-minded riders by joining a cycling group. A biking club is a great way to build new friendships, discover new places to explore, learn different bike routes, and get a wealth of knowledge about your electric bike. The accountability in a cycling group also provides a great motivation to keep on riding. You can find a lot of cycling groups online, through social media websites like Facebook, or check your local area for a bike club.
- Explore the national park nearest (or farthest) to you. There are more than 400 registered national parks in the US, making it a convenient destination for ebike rides. Go with your family, friends, or take your date out for a spin.
The national park can also provide a lot of learning opportunities too. It's the home of a lot of wildlife that any animal-loving kid would enjoy. Soak up in history, science, and make the most out of your trip to the national park.
- Look for local trails and ride. One of the easiest places you can take your ebike for a spin is on local bike trails. If you need an example on how to find trails near you, click here.
These are just some of the things you can do with your ebike. What adventures you go on is up to you. Just remember to keep safe and take safety precautions to make the most out of the experience.